Black Opal Liquid Foundation Kalahari Sand
How To Prepare Your Skin Before Makeup
Step 1: Cleansing Your Face
The first step to your routine should involve removing any traces of oil or dirt. You can use a gentle cleanser to wash your face to make it squeaky clean. Choose a facial cleanser that suits your skin type.
Step 2: Using A Toner
If you have an oily or acne-prone skin, then toners are a blessing for you. It helps to balance the pH levels of your skin and tighten your pores. Just dab some toner on a cotton pad and pat it all over your face and neck. Do add this step to your skincare regime!
Step 3: Applying Moisturizer
A moisturizer is an essential part of your skincare regimen. You need to hydrate your skin well, in order to get your makeup to look great. Choose a moisturizer that suits your skin type and knock yourself out. It keeps the skin underneath your makeup healthy and it also helps to provide a smooth finish rather than a cakey look. You can also add a few drops of rose water to your cream or moisturizer for added hydration.
Step 4: Wearing Sunscreen
Wearing sunscreen throughout the year is vital if you want to avoid premature aging of your skin, hyper pigmentation and other terrible possibilities that can occur because of harmful UVA rays.
How To Apply Makeup Perfectly
What You Need:
- Blush/ Bronzer
- Eye Shadow
- Eye liner
As per your preference, you can choose to skip the products you don’t wish to wear, but we’ve got the whole step-by-step tutorial chalked out for you. It’s also really important to be aware of your skin-type as you can decide what kind of products to pick – oil based, water based or mineral makeup. Pick the kind that meets your personal requirements. Only, after completing the pre-makeup routine, move on to these steps.
PART I: Achieving A Flawless Base
Step 1: Using A Primer
The first and foremost step is to apply primer (https://bit.ly/2FdPGlI) Doing this will boost coverage, smoothen out your texture, minimize pores and will increase the longevity of your makeup. If you’re going to be running around or sweating, then a primer is a must.
Step 2: Applying Foundation
Choose the exact shade of foundation for your skin tone to achieve a flawless look. A good trick for finding the right shade is to match it to your chest. Remember the golden rule, ladies – less is more. That’s the case with foundation
- Take some product on the back of your hand and apply it on your face using a brush or a damp makeup sponge for an airbrushed effect.
- Make sure you blend the product well along your face, jawline, and neck, so you don’t look like an Oompa-Loompa.
- For better coverage, take some foundation, using your concealer brush and apply over stubborn blemishes.
Step 3: Time To Conceal
A concealer is typically used to cover up those bothersome spots, blemishes and dark circles. Use a concealer in a shade slightly lighter than your skin tone to brighten and even out any areas that need work.
- With a concealer brush, apply the concealer under your eyes in an upside-down triangular shape and blend well.
- Dab some product on spots and other imperfections and blend the edges well, so it seamlessly blends into your foundation.
Choose a liquid concealer for light coverage and a wide area of your face – as for your under-eye area. Choose a compact or stick concealer for a better coverage and small areas.
Step 4: Setting Your Foundation
This step is totally optional but if you are someone with oily skin then make sure to use a compact or setting powder in a color matching your skin tone. You can use a sponge or a buffing brush to apply the product evenly on your face and neck. A compact is easy to tuck into your purse and you can touch-up to keep your face looking shine-free.
Part II: Time To Enhance Your Features
Once you have your base ready, it’s time to define and enhance your beautiful features!
- 1. Enhancing Your Eyes
Make sure to purchase a high-quality eyeliner and mascara, so it won’t smudge or smear.
- Using an eyeliner, line your upper waterline and the outer corners of your lower lashline. Use a brush to smudge the product to avoid harsh lines.
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your lashes.
- Apply a coat of mascara to instantly open up your eyes and make you look more awake and bright.
- You can add a hint of a neutral shade of eyeshadow to your eyelids for a complete look.
- 2. Getting Those Brows-On-Fleek
Defining your eyebrows instantly adds structure to your face. If you have naturally dark, well-defined eyebrows then, you may skip this step. But if you have sparse or over-plucked eyebrows, then you can use an eyebrow pencil or brow pomade to fill them in.
- Choose a pencil or product that very closely matches your eyebrows.
- Use short strokes to create small “hairs” in the gaps.
- Use a makeup brush to blend and brush out the product evenly into your eyebrows for a natural look.
- Once you fill them in, you can use an eyebrow gel to set them in place.
For special dos, add a highlighter under the brows to make them stand out!
- 3. Applying Blush
Blush adds a cheeky glow to your skin and makes it look fresh and healthy. Use a blush brush to apply the blush to the apples of your cheek. Refrain from mixing textures – if you are using a powder, stick to a powder blush and if you are going sans powder, stick to a cream blush.
You can add a touch of highlighter or luminizer to your cheek bones, along the bridge of your nose and under your brow bone for an appealing radiance.
- 4. Working On That Pout
Before you put on anything on your lips, make sure you’ve moisturized them with some lip balm for lush and healthy looking lips. Choose lip colors that complement your skin tone. If you want to wear nude lipstick, find the right shade of nude for your skin tone. If you’re feeling chirpy and want to go with bright colors, find shades that you can work with.
- If you’re looking for heavy coverage, wear lipstick.
- If you want sheer coverage, line your lips with a lip pencil and dab some liquid lipstick or gloss.
- Black Opal Perfecting Powder Truly TopazPrice KES2,050.00
- Black Opal Pressed Powder Rich MochaPrice KES1,950.00
- Black Opal Lipstick TropicaPrice KES1,350.00
- Black Opal Pressed Powder Dark CocoaPrice KES1,950.00
- Ariel Detergent 1kgPrice KES299.00
- Pepsodent Cavity Fighter Core 200GPrice KES190.00